Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by naidusm <sm...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/11 06:28:12 UTC

Entries get deleted from Ignite Cache

We have a three-node ignite cluster running inside Kubernetes with native
persistence enabled.

We have an application which uses ignite cache in client mode. And the
application as well running in Kubernetes scaled to 3 pods.

Recently we have started to observe that when we scale down the application
to 0 pods at once and scale up again to 3, then we observe that some of the
entries from the cache are lost.

We see the cache entries are present in the cache after scaling down and
before scaling up the application again to 3. But after scaling up, entries
are getting deleted.

It would be very helpful if you can suggest what needs to be done here to
fix this issue.

Re: Entries get deleted from Ignite Cache

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
It sounds like your persistence volumes are reset upon restarts. Please
double check that persistence is mapped to a permanent location:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/stateful-deployment#section-separate-disk-for-wal

-
Denis