Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Vachon <js...@videotron.ca> on 2010/03/23 16:31:19 UTC

Spatial queries

Hi All,

I am using the package from JTeam to perform spatial searches on my index. I'd like to know if it is possible
to build a query that uses multiple clauses. Here is an example:

q={!spatial lat=123 long=456 radius=10} OR {!spatial lat=111 long=222 radius=20}title:java

Basically that would return all documents having the word "java" in the title field and that are either
within 10 miles from the first location OR 20 miles from the second.

I've made a few tries but it does not seem to be supported. I'm still wondering if it would make sense to support this kind of queries.

I could use multiple queries and merge the results myself but then I need some faceting.

Thanks