Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jilles van Gurp <in...@jillesvangurp.com> on 2005/07/20 10:33:10 UTC

portlet configuration & identity

Hi,

I am writing a proxy portlet which proxies some external website. So far
it works pretty ok and I am finishing things up. One of the remaining
problems is how to do configuration.

Likely there are going to be multiple instances of the portlet in one
portal. I want to give each of them their own configuration (i.e. an url
and maybe some other options), preferably using a properties file. Also
I want to do this in a jsr168 compliant way so I have no dependencies to
any specific portal.

So what I need is a portal name that is different for each portlet
instance. Then I can use that name to for example prefix properties in a
properties file (e.g. instance1.url=foo). I have so far not found a way
to do this though. Is there a way to do this?

Regards,

Jilles

buildChangeDocs

Posted by Manuel Molina Espinosa <ma...@lt.desoft.cu>.
Hello,

I have problems with access to http://www.geocities.com/, can anyone send me
another url to gain acces to buildChangesDocs.pdf or send me it directly.

regards
Manuel

Re: How to do JetSpeed Build

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
Jain,

With the new plugin you should be able to build
without having to download the source.  See
http://www.geocities.com/dlestrat/etc/j2/buildChangeDocs.pdf
for now.  I have not tried it with the current
2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT jars in the maven repository but it
should work.  To do so:

Once the build.properties are set, make sure that the
Jetspeed 2 Maven Plugin is installed on your local
machine. You can install the Jetspeed 2 Maven Plugin
as follow:

maven -DartifactId=maven-jetspeed2-plugin
-DgroupId=jetspeed2
      -Dversion=2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT plugin:download

where

- artifactId: The name of the Jetspeed2 plugin
artifact deployed to the maven repository.
- groupId: The name of the group where the Jetspeed2
plugin is deployed in the maven repository.
- version: The version that you want to use. For this
functionality, the version should be 2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT
or above.

3. Run the Jetspeed2 plugin target for generating a
new portal application:

maven j2:genapp.portal

4. Go to the directory where you just created your new
portal application and execute:

maven j2:portal.install
maven j2:quickStart

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David Le Strat.

How to do JetSpeed Build

Re: portlet configuration & identity

Posted by Simon Tuffs <st...@siderean.com>.
Hi Jilles:

may I inquire as to how you are implementing the proxy portlet?  I've been
delving into the WebContextPortlet for the past couple of days since I need
to do a similar thing, and I found it to be lacking a couple of things: no
support for form POST (which I work around using form GET and annoying all
the purists), and also handling redirects propertly from the remote site.
I'm using M4-SNAPSHOT, but the WebContextPortlet code doesn't seem to have
changed much in the SVN head.

Would you be prepared to share your code so we can compare notes?

TIA.

Simon.

> I am writing a proxy portlet which proxies some external website. So far
> it works pretty ok and I am finishing things up. One of the remaining
> problems is how to do configuration.
>
> Likely there are going to be multiple instances of the portlet in one
> portal. I want to give each of them their own configuration (i.e. an url
> and maybe some other options), preferably using a properties file. Also I
> want to do this in a jsr168 compliant way so I have no dependencies to any
> specific portal.
>
> So what I need is a portal name that is different for each portlet
> instance. Then I can use that name to for example prefix properties in a
> properties file (e.g. instance1.url=foo). I have so far not found a way to
> do this though. Is there a way to do this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jilles

Re: portlet configuration & identity

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
JIlles,
RenderResponse.getNamespace() returns a unique identifier for each portlet
instance. Have you thought about using that as your 'portlet name'?
/Craig
Craig Doremus
Senior J2EE Application Developer
Hannaford Bros