Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Gavin <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2009/06/08 08:57:21 UTC

New Committer and PMC Member: Sina K Heshmati

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest has asked Sina K
Heshmati to become a committer and member of the PMC, and we are pleased to
announce that he has accepted.

Sina first contributed to Forrest during Google Summer of Code back in 2007.
Since then, Sina has stuck around, continuing to help the project via the
Issue Tracker and Mailing Lists, contributing patches as well as helping out
others at times.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
productivity.
Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and to guide the
direction of the project.

Welcome Sina!

Gav...

Re: New Committer and PMC Member: Sina K Heshmati

Posted by Sina Khakbaz Heshmati <si...@khakbaz.com>.
Brian M Dube wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 04:57:21PM +1000, Gavin wrote:
>> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest has asked Sina K
>> Heshmati to become a committer and member of the PMC, and we are pleased to
>> announce that he has accepted.
>
> Welcome.

Thank you Brian.

Sina

Re: New Committer and PMC Member: Sina K Heshmati

Posted by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 04:57:21PM +1000, Gavin wrote:
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest has asked Sina K
> Heshmati to become a committer and member of the PMC, and we are pleased to
> announce that he has accepted.

Welcome.

Brian

Re: New Committer and PMC Member: Sina K Heshmati

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Welcome Sina, and thanks for your contributions so far.

If you need help with getting settled in as a new
committer, then just ask. You have been provided
some references by ASF Infrastructure and by Forrest PMC.
For example: http://www.apache.org/dev/#committers
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html#private

Also there is
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html

Lots of reading, but no need to do it all at once.

Please add yourself to
$FORREST_HOME/site-author/content/xdocs/who.xml
Don't worry about publishing the site, one of the
other committers can do it. You can learn about
that process later. Actually quite easy:
$FORREST_HOME/etc/publishing_our_site.txt

-David