Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marc Dugger <ma...@socotech.com> on 2003/11/10 02:14:58 UTC

ValidatorForm losing params when validation fails

The following code fragment is used in a DispatchAction and when the
validation fails, the input form is returned unpopulated because all my form
fields lose the data that was originally sent with the request:

ActionErrors errors = form.validate(mapping, request);
	if (!errors.isEmpty()) {
		saveMessages(request, errors);
		return mapping.getInputForward();
	}

My form extends ValidatorForm and I have not overridden reset().  Why is the
form losing it's parameters?  Thanks in advance.