Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net> on 2005/05/16 23:58:49 UTC

Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Gang,

Looking for a little naming help, (the hardest part of coding IMHO):

"Navigations" seems very close to "NavigationalState" and seems a bit
restrictive.

"Site" is shorter and seems to be more available and possibly more well
aligned with this component, ( plus it is even shorter :-) ).

Thoughts?

Randy

Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Randy Watler wrote:
> Gang,
>
> Looking for a little naming help, (the hardest part of coding IMHO):
>
> "Navigations" seems very close to "NavigationalState" and seems a bit
> restrictive.
>
> "Site" is shorter and seems to be more available and possibly more well
> aligned with this component, ( plus it is even shorter :-) ).
>
> Thoughts?

I like PortalSite

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Randy Watler wrote:
> Gang,
>
> Looking for a little naming help, (the hardest part of coding IMHO):
>
> "Navigations" seems very close to "NavigationalState" and seems a bit
> restrictive.
>
> "Site" is shorter and seems to be more available and possibly more well
> aligned with this component, ( plus it is even shorter :-) ).
>
> Thoughts?
+1 on Site

Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar>.

> > Gang,
> >
> > Looking for a little naming help, (the hardest part of coding IMHO):
> Amen!!!  I feel your pain ;)
>

> > "Navigations" seems very close to "NavigationalState" and seems a bit
> > restrictive.
> >
> > "Site" is shorter and seems to be more available and possibly more well
> > aligned with this component, ( plus it is even shorter :-) ).
>
> +1 in using Site.  If I come up with anything better I will let you know
:)

> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Randy

SiteNavigation ??

Navigations and Sites (Sitetrees) should become standardized Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by Marky Goldstein <re...@rosa.com>.
Navigations and Sites (Sitetrees) should become standardized between
portals to make migration easier ;->.

Best regards,
Marky

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.