Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Bin Zhu <lu...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/09 11:06:28 UTC

EJB integration for JAX-RS2.0 in CXF

Hi,
Does current CXF support EJB based JAX-RS 2.0 application? If yes, is there
requirement for EJB container? any additional configuration needed for
application server? Thanks.

Spec for EJB support:

In a product that supports EJBs, an implementation MUST support the use of
stateless and singleton session
beans as root resource classes, providers and Application subclasses.

Re: EJB integration for JAX-RS2.0 in CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andriy
On 09/10/14 15:25, Andrei Shakirin wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> I am curious how Jersey and Resteasy fulfil this requirement.
> Are they rely on some container specific code for EJB integration?

I'd say so, they will likely have the container specific bootstrapping
mechanism in place. May be Bill can confirm :-) That is why it is not
really possible to ship a generic CXF EJB integration code but a single
invoker.

We can refer people to TomEE for a concrete CXF EJB integration in
action and consider shipping a single file really, an EJB aware invoker
that other integrators might want to use when doing their own CXF JAX-RS
EJB integrations.

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andriy

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi Sergei,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

--
   Andy Gumbrecht
   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

Re: EJB integration for JAX-RS2.0 in CXF

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes absolutely. TomEE supports CDI rest endpoints but also EJB endpoints.
Both are integrated and work together out of the box in TomEE.

Happy to hack on an hello world sample for you if you want.

jean Louis

Posted by Andrey Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andrey Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.