Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2008/09/30 15:58:22 UTC

HELP!!! - Axis 2 1.4 CodeGenerator Eclipse Plugin fails

I ran the eclipse plugin wizard to generate Java from a WSDL and it
failed with

"An error occurred while completing process -
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"

upon pressing Finish.

Platform is Ubuntu Linux 7.10
Eclipse is version 3.3.2

I noticed that the plugin code I had was not the most recent, so I
removed this plugin from my eclipse plugins directory and downloaded the
latest from the site, and placed it back in the plugins directory.

Now the wizard fails immediately upon launch as follows:

The selected wizard could not be started.

Plug-in Axis2_Codegen_Wizard was unable to load class
org.apache.axis2.tool.codegen.eclipse.CodeGenWizard

Ironically, before I tried using this wizard I was making some progress
with the command line tool.  I thought this would be easier.  Geez.

Can someone explain what I need to make this plugin work?  Or would I be
better off just using the command line tool.

Re: HELP!!! - Axis 2 1.4 CodeGenerator Eclipse Plugin fails - InvocationTargetException

Posted by WilsonSandra <su...@momed.com>.
Steve,
 I had the same problem (InovcationTargetException) and resolved.

I am using :
Eclipse version 3.4 (eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-win32.zip)
Axis2 version 1.4.1 (axis2-1.4.1-bin.zip)
Axis2 - Codegen tool - version1.4 (axis2-eclipse-codegen-wizard.zip)
Make sure you are using the above and follow these steps.

1. Copy jar file "backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar" and license
"backport-util-concurrent-LICENSE.txt" from your Axis2 -Vesrion 1.4.1 lib
folder to Axis2 Codegen tool lib.
2.Edit Axis2 - plugin.xml and add
	    <library name="lib/backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>

3. Run the following command
C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java.exe"
-clean -console -consoleLog -debug -vmargs -Xmx384M

remember the path in the above command may change accoriding to your local
settings.

I hope this will. Good luck.

Cheers,
WlisonSandra.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@wso2.com>.
One thing i've experienced with eclipse is that it caches some of the
classes, plugin configurations. So eventhough u update the plugin or
overwrite the existing one it uses this cached information for some
reason. I had alot of problems bcos of it. Try using a fresh eclipse
installation to try the latest codegen plugin u downloaded (may b with a
new workspace also). Hopefully u will get the
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException again ;) (which might mean
some sort of improvement from yo current situation).

I was kinds busy yesterday so i couldn't look at a solution for the
latest codegen plugin to solve the problem. I only had time to test the
snapshot to see whether it works. Anyway i checked the existing plugin
and to fix the problem u will have to do some work. (this is for
"Axis2_Codegen_Wizard_1.3.0")

first copy following two jars to the lib folder of the codegen plugin
        geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar
        backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar
    (next obvious question... where to find these jars??? check yo maven
repo or google for it)

Then you need to update the plugin.xml file to include the runtime
classpath for these jars. I'm pasting the updated plugin.xml i used
(which worked).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.0"?>

<!--
  ~ Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
  ~ or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file
  ~ distributed with this work for additional information
  ~ regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file
  ~ to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
  ~ "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
  ~ with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
  ~
  ~ http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  ~
  ~ Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
  ~ software distributed under the License is distributed on an
  ~ "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
  ~ KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the
  ~ specific language governing permissions and limitations
  ~ under the License.
  -->

<plugin
   id="Axis2_Codegen_Wizard"
   name="Axis2 Codegen Wizard Plug-in"
   version="1.3.0"
   provider-name="Apache Software Foundation"
   class="org.apache.axis2.tool.codegen.eclipse.plugin.CodegenWizardPlugin">

   <runtime>
      <!--<library name="Axis2CodegenWizard.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>-->
      <library name=".">
         <export
               name="*">
         </export>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="./lib/geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="./lib/backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/annogen-0.1.0.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/ant-1.7.0.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/axiom-api-1.2.7.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/axiom-dom-1.2.7.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/axiom-impl-1.2.7.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
       <library name="lib/axis2-1.4.1.jar">
       <export name="*"/>
       </library>
       <library name="lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/neethi-2.0.4.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/stax-api-1.0.1.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/wstx-asl-3.2.4.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/XmlSchema-1.4.2.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/woden-1.0M8.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/commons-httpclient-3.1.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/jibx-bind-1.1.5.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="lib/jibx-run-1.1.5.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
   </runtime>

   <requires>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.ui"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.ui.ide"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.resources"/>
      <import plugin="org.apache.ant"/>
   </requires>

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.newWizards">
      <category
            name="Axis2 Wizards"
            id="Axis2_Wizards">
      </category>
      <wizard
            name="Axis2 Code Generator"
            icon="icons/icon.gif"
            category="Axis2_Wizards"
            class="org.apache.axis2.tool.codegen.eclipse.CodeGenWizard"
            id="org.apache.axis2.tool.codegen.eclipse.CodeGenWizard">
      </wizard>
   </extension>
    <extension point="org.eclipse.help.toc">
    <toc file="help_toc.xml" primary="true" />
</extension>

</plugin>

dats it.
If you still get the error, try a fresh eclipse as i've mentioned earlier.

good luck,
Saminda

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.