Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/06/23 04:01:42 UTC

Apache2.0 build on linux

Ok, after a lot of gdb-ing and strugling with the ./configure and apr
I got apache2 working.

To save other's some time:
If you see SIGSEGV just after you start ( you can use
"httpd -D ONE_PROCESS", that replaces the old -X and env ), one place to
look is srclib/apr/shmem/unix/mm.

There is a nice test program, you can run it ( on my system it crashes
with all setting except MMFILE ). The trick is to build & configure mm
with the good option _before_ compiling apr and httpd.

( if you run a recent linux probably the default will work, I'm still
using Redhat 6.2 with libc.2.1.91 )

Costin