Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shad <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/14 20:37:50 UTC

Forwarding an action to multiple JSPs

Is there a way to forward a request to more than on
JSP from the same action class, and have the JSPs
updated different frames?

Scenerio:
When a user logs into the system and the login request
gets forwarded to the "LoginAction" class, I would
like to forward this request to two JSPs: 1.) To
perform the normal authentication routine and display
the resulting success/failure message to a particular
frame, and 2.) to get a list of the users currently
logged into the system and display it in a separate
frame.

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Shad.

Re: Forwarding an action to multiple JSPs

Posted by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org>.
You can probably get javascript to update the parent
frame. I did this in a previous project but now avoid
frames, even if the speed up page reloads.

Shad wrote:

> Is there a way to forward a request to more than on
> JSP from the same action class, and have the JSPs
> updated different frames?
>
> Scenerio:
> When a user logs into the system and the login request
> gets forwarded to the "LoginAction" class, I would
> like to forward this request to two JSPs: 1.) To
> perform the normal authentication routine and display
> the resulting success/failure message to a particular
> frame, and 2.) to get a list of the users currently
> logged into the system and display it in a separate
> frame.
>
> Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Shad.

AW: Forwarding an action to multiple JSPs

Posted by ol...@epost.de.
We have the same problem. We forward our "success" to a frameset (jsp) with
two frames included that point to different jsps. The  problem we have with
this approach is the fact that we produce three requests and 'loose' our
errors because those are bound to different requests.

Oliver

-- Original Nachricht --