Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com> on 2007/09/27 00:25:52 UTC

ODBC Driver for Derby?

Hi, all.  IBM used to make an ODBC driver available for use with Derby.
  Is that still happening, or is that no longer supported?

Thanks,

David

Re: ODBC Driver for Derby?

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
Oh, much better, thanks for the responses!

David

Re: ODBC Driver for Derby?

Posted by Thomas Nielsen <Th...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

--
Thomas Nielsen

Re: ODBC Driver for Derby?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.

Re: ODBC Driver for Derby?

Posted by Dan Scott <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi David:

I'm no longer with IBM, but in the early days of Derby the DB2 client
could be used as an ODBC driver (the DB2 client talks DRDA to the
Derby network server). Taking a quick look at the IBM DB2 site, I see
a DB2 v9 driver for ODBC and CLI that weighs in at about 8 MB; this
can probably be used to provide the same role as the old DB2 client,
assuming that nothing drastic changed in the Derby DRDA implementation
or in the DB2 v9 client.

The instructions I provided in my OSCON presentation back in 2005
should still be roughly accurate, but would need to be adjusted for
the DB2 ODBC/CLI driver instead of the DB2 client. DB2 v9 clients are
available for download for many architectures from
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&context=SSEPGG&dc=D400&uid=swg21255394&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en

Dan

--
Dan Scott