Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> on 2008/04/07 18:49:16 UTC

Re: Custom logging via SSL

On Apr 7, 2008, at 02:51, Patric wrote:

> I have setup my SVN repo successfully, and had the custom logging
> working as well, but I noticed that when I started running via SSL
> the custom logging stopped working.
> My current setting in the httpd conf file is:
>
> CustomLog logs/svn_logfile "%t %u %{SVN-ACTION}e" env=SVN-ACTION
>
> Running subversion-1.4.6-1 for RHEL4
>
> Is there a different environment variable to use for this, or does
> it not work in SSL, or is there something else Im missing? Googled
> with no joy so hope somebody can help :)

This is more of an Apache question, not a Subversion question, so you
might have more luck checking the Apache documentation or asking on
an Apache list.

But there isn't a separate environment variable, so you must have
CustomLog set to something else for your SSL vhost. Check your SSL
vhost configuration. Maybe you'll need to ask the Red Hat folks where
that stuff is defined on RHEL4. They may have set something up for
you by default that you find you don't want.

Re: Custom logging via SSL

Posted by Patric <pa...@bluebottle.com>.
> This is more of an Apache question, not a Subversion question, so you
> might have more luck checking the Apache documentation or asking on
> an Apache list.
>
> But there isn't a separate environment variable, so you must have
> CustomLog set to something else for your SSL vhost. Check your SSL
> vhost configuration. Maybe you'll need to ask the Red Hat folks where
> that stuff is defined on RHEL4. They may have set something up for
> you by default that you find you don't want.

Thanks for the tips guys, I will try that.

- Patric