Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2006/06/13 20:58:43 UTC

Automatically adding NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt to distributions

Hi,

I'm using maven 1.0.2 to build distributions of Apache JDO and I'm
trying to automatically add NOTICE.txt to the source artifact and the
various project jar artifacts. It appears that maven is automatically
adding LICENSE.txt to these artifacts but I'm not quite sure how (and
I'm not sure it's being added in the right place or places).

Is there a quick reference to how I should do this? Currently, I have
20 copies of LICENSE.txt which seems a bit bizarre. I would prefer
not to have 20 copies of NOTICE.txt as well.

I looked at the distribution properties and there's a way to include
files (maven.dist.src.include yes Comma delimited list of additional
files which should be included in the source distribution)in the
source distribution but it wasn't clear how to include files in the
binary distribution. And where the files get included.

Thanks for any help,

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com