Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by 李玉珏 <sa...@163.com> on 2017/01/25 01:30:42 UTC

about lucene version dependent on ignite-indexing module

Community,

Ignite's ignite-indexing module relies on the lucene, the current version is dependent on 3.5.0, this version is too old, I would like to ask, can the version of the lucene upgrade to 6.x?

Lucene is not compatible with the large version, but the coordinates of the maven is the same, which gives us trouble.

Re: about lucene version dependent on ignite-indexing module

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.
Sergi\uff0c

In the Ignite technology system, is not only the ignite-indexing module
depends on the Lucene?

 From the API point of view, Lucene should be transparent to developers,
but for some of the data format generated, it should be incompatible.

\u5728 2017/1/26 19:07, Sergi Vladykin \u5199\u9053:

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Please go ahead and take over this ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3562 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3562>

If there will be no braking compatibility in terms of Ignite text search APIs that are built on top of Lucene then we will release the fix as soon as possible. Otherwise, the fix release will be put off till 2.0 which is close too.

In any case, we will highly appreciate your participation in project development!

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,