Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sidhartha Tripathy <si...@tcscal.co.in> on 2003/03/11 13:12:15 UTC

Help!!!

hi
i am using some unicode fonts in xml file and finally displaying that in pdf file  using fop

but i for some fonts i am getting squares i have downloaded unicode fonts and registered that in fop.

these are the fonts
&#xff63;  &#xFF80;  &#xFF93; &#8225;

is there any solutions for that ?? another character that is also not coming is endash &#8211;.

plz suggest any way to print those characters.

Thanks

Sid

Re: Help!!!

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sidhartha Tripathy wrote:
> hi
> i am using some unicode fonts in xml file and finally displaying that in pdf file  using fop
>
> but i for some fonts i am getting squares i have downloaded unicode fonts and registered that in fop.
>
> these are the fonts
> &#xff63;  &#xFF80;  &#xFF93; &#8225;
>
> is there any solutions for that ?? another character that is also not coming is endash &#8211;.

Check whether your font has a glyph for the mentioned characters.
At least the &#xff63; etc. seem to be fairly unusual ("ASCII variants,
full width"). The double &#8225; (double dagger) shouldn't have
a problem with a proper Unicode font. I think none of the characters
will work with the any of the default fonts.

J.Pietschmann