Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com> on 2004/08/18 16:50:43 UTC

Semi-OT: Sendmail Resolver Problem

I know this isn't the sendmail mailing list, but I figured what the heck,
someone might know.  I've setup a new box for SA3 running sendmail 8.13.
Sendmail is hanging up on me for 1 minute during the RCPT TO processing on
each message which usually means a DNS problem.  Well DNS is working fine,
and I've already run a sendmail -bi to rebuild the alias file just in case.

What am I missing?  I know it's probably some stupid little thing I forgot
to do.

Thanks.  I'm off to continue banging my head against the wall.
Andy

Re: Semi-OT: Sendmail Resolver Problem

Posted by Fred <sp...@freddyt.com>.
Andy Jezierski wrote:
> I know this isn't the sendmail mailing list, but I figured what the
> heck, someone might know.  I've setup a new box for SA3 running
> sendmail 8.13. Sendmail is hanging up on me for 1 minute during the

8.13 includes support to delay initial connections (supposed to help reduce
zombie spam), it might be due to this.

Re: Semi-OT: Sendmail Resolver Problem

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.

Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com> wrote on 08/18/2004 09:50:43 AM:

> I know this isn't the sendmail mailing list, but I figured what the heck,
> someone might know.  I've setup a new box for SA3 running sendmail 8.13.
> Sendmail is hanging up on me for 1 minute during the RCPT TO processing
on
> each message which usually means a DNS problem.  Well DNS is working
fine,
> and I've already run a sendmail -bi to rebuild the alias file just in
case.

> What am I missing?  I know it's probably some stupid little thing I
forgot
> to do.
>
> Thanks.  I'm off to continue banging my head against the wall.
> Andy

Found it.  One of the DNSBL's I was using must have gone away.  I knew it
had to be something silly.

Thanks
Andy