Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Girish Nagaraj <gi...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/08 11:44:31 UTC

Problem with using JAAS for authentication

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Slide2.1 (for a custom, non-WCK store) to use
JAAS (actually Oracle JAZN, an implementation of JAAS) for
authentication.

I have setup the security and JAAS by editing web.xml and other Oracle
specific files. JAAS authentication is working fine.

But after the authentication in the browser,
ACLSecurityImpl.evaluateAcl() fails because
SecurityImpl.getPrincipal() trys to lookup a SubjectNode for the JAAS
Principal name in the users/ directory.

Should the Principal name be same as the user's defined in Slide (such
as root)? What if it is different format such as realmname/username ?
Do I have to provide my own implementation for Security interface?

I am looking for using JAAS (JAZN) for defining the roles, users &
authentication and would like to use Domain.xml for access control.

I have read through the mails about JAAS and docs in the security
section, but could not find much information to get this working.

Thanks,
Girish

Re: Problem with using JAAS for authentication

Posted by Girish Nagaraj <gi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for you help Oliver.

I turned on the auto creation, but ran into the following error (even
while using 2.1b2)

"file-meta-store - WARNING - Thread
Thread[HttpRequestHandler-75,5,main] marked transaction branch null
for rollback. Cause: Not inside tx"
while the user is being created.  Is this the bug which you fixed recently?

Does the user definitions always have to be live in the slide format
(i.e, in  metadata/user directory)? Is the (only) solution to hook up
/users to LDAP using JNDIPrincipalStore to avoid it.

Thanks,
Girish

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.