Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com> on 2000/11/14 18:19:31 UTC

slow zoom selection [was Re: [regression] JSVGCanvas]

Thierry Kormann wrote:

> b. When selecting an AOI, the AOI rectangle is painted very slowly. I can't do
> a precise selection on the canvas.
>
> Bill, can you fix that as soon as possible, please?

The rectangle that is selected during a mouse drag is indeed drawn
slowly on linux.  However I have re-checked this code and there have
been no changes to the code called by the mouse listener, nor by
any routines indirectly called.  I have confirmed that only about
4 mouse dragged events per second are being caught.  There is only
one running thread :-)

So perhaps something else has happened to slow down
the calls to JCanvas.paintImmediately ?  I remember the AOI selection as
always being slow on linux.

-Bill

Bill Haneman
+1 353 1 849 0495