Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Pligin <vo...@yandex.ru> on 2020/02/13 13:12:10 UTC

Re: How to failover/scale cluster in Apache Ignite

Hi, I'll try to do my best to help you.

>> Is kill -9 <pid> the right way to kill a node?

No, I don't think this is the right way.

>> How about re-adding new nodes that were previously killed?

You should clean a node's work directory before re-adding.

>> How long does it take for the nodes to synchronise?

It depends on your network, data volume, disk(s) speed, data storage
configuration etc.

>> How do we know when a rebalance is completed?

You'll see a message in a log. Or you can use WebConsole.

By the way it would be great if you provide some sort of a reproducer to
help us review your scenario.

Re: How to failover/scale cluster in Apache Ignite

Posted by wentat <we...@rakuten.com>.
Ok, I'll try to get a reproducer. However, I think its pretty hard because
the error seems to be transient errors related to failover with huge dataset
(1 TB plus dataset). My follow up question would be:

If kill -9 is not appropriate. What is the graceful way to failover a node?

For a 1TB dataset, is 30 nodes a good setup? One node takes about 35GB of
ram but I have given it 46GB