Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2019/01/27 05:00:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release 4.10.0 Planning

Hi all,

Since we are in the progress of releasing 4.9.0, I think it is a good time
to start the discussion of what we are going to do for 4.10.0.

Here are a few list of tasks I have in my mind:

- Complete a few ongoing BPs
  * BP-27: New BookKeeper CLI `bkctl`.
  * BP-36: Stats annotations
  * BP-37: Configuration management
- Code refactoring
  * Split the bookkeeper-server module. Move common stuffs to `common`,
split client and server into separate modules
- New Proposals
  * Use UUID for bookie registration instead of ip to improve bookkeeper
usability in cloud environments
  * Thin client without interacting with zookeeper

Feel free to comment with the tasks you would like to include in 4.10.0.

- Sijie

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.10.0 Planning

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
I have also updated the release schedule :
http://bookkeeper.apache.org/community/releases/

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
New items:

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.