Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sven Taeymans <st...@delen.be> on 2001/05/03 17:26:20 UTC

same fo-file input different fop versions generate different output

Hello all,

I'm using a coloured paragraph but when when at the end-of-page when a
paragraph is split and continues on the next page the colour information is
discarded.

This seems to be introduced as of FOP version 17, FOP version 16 works ok.

Re: same fo-file input different fop versions generate different output

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 10:11 AM 5/7/01 +0200, Keiron Liddle wrote:

>On Sun, 06 May 2001 23:43:08 Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>> On Thursday 03 May 2001 15:26, Sven Taeymans wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I'm using a coloured paragraph but when when at the end-of-page when a
>> > paragraph is split and continues on the next page the colour
>> information is
>> > discarded.
>> >
>> > This seems to be introduced as of FOP version 17, FOP version 16 works
>> ok.
>>
>> Hi, Sven
>>
>> I started looking at this today. It seems to affect colour only; other
>> properties still carry over OK.
>>
>> For anyone who is also curious and/or is looking at this, the LineAreas
>> in
>> the continued section are also being set with the proper colour, and it
>> sure
>> looks like the WordAreas are, too, so it might be some kind of ugliness
>> in
>> PDFRenderer. I'll find out tomorrow - I had about 6 or 8 files open just
>> get this far and got a headache. :-)
>
>With a quick look I would say that the problem is that it only sets the
>colour (by writing to the pdf output) if the colour changed from when it
>was last set. So even though we are on a new page it doesn't set the colour
>for the new text.
>
>The page is surrounded by a "BT" and "ET" and is in a separate stream (I
>think, but don't quote me) so this prevents the colour from carrying over.
>
>So the solution would probably be to set the currentFill to null at the end
>of each page.

Hi, Keiron

Thanks...that confirms my impression, and speeds up the process. I'll knock
out a patch this evening.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)

Re: same fo-file input different fop versions generate different output

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Mon, 07 May 2001 23:22:45 Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2001 08:11, Keiron Liddle wrote:
> > So the solution would probably be to set the currentFill to null at the
> end
> > of each page.
>
> Which is what I did - seems to have fixed the problem - it's now up in
> CVS.

I forgot to mention the reason I was looking at this code was that there
seems to be some problem (bug) with placing text in a line. (with the same
vertical displacement)

The problem occurs when text is in some table cells in the same table row.
The area tree is okay (from awt renderer).

The problem is that with Acro4 on WinNT the text is in the wrong position,
Acro4 on linux the text disappears and xpdf on linux it seems to work (but
there may be another problem).
It has something to do with combining the text placement using the delta
values in the Tm operator in the PDFRenderer.

It could just be a problem with the viewers.

Re: same fo-file input different fop versions generate different output

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
On Thursday 03 May 2001 15:26, Sven Taeymans wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm using a coloured paragraph but when when at the end-of-page when a
> paragraph is split and continues on the next page the colour information is
> discarded.
>
> This seems to be introduced as of FOP version 17, FOP version 16 works ok.

Hi, Sven

I started looking at this today. It seems to affect colour only; other
properties still carry over OK.

For anyone who is also curious and/or is looking at this, the LineAreas in
the continued section are also being set with the proper colour, and it sure
looks like the WordAreas are, too, so it might be some kind of ugliness in
PDFRenderer. I'll find out tomorrow - I had about 6 or 8 files open just to
get this far and got a headache. :-)

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom