Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by André Schütz <an...@wegtam.com> on 2017/11/17 12:12:11 UTC

Accessing Cassandra with Flink intepreter within notebook

Hi,

we would like to read and write via Flink from and to a Cassandra
Cluster.

Our current Apache Zeppelin compilation contains:
- Apache Flink 1.3.2
- flink-connector-cassandra_2.11-1.3.2.jar is located in the /lib/
folder of the flink installation

A Cassandra DB is running and can be accessed via Zeppelin by using the
Cassandra interpreter.

When using the following import, we get an error:

import org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.cassandra._

error: object connectors is not a member of package org.apache.flink.streaming
import org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.cassandra._

Our question is:
What do we have to do to read and write from and to Cassandra by using
the Apache Flink interpreter within a notebook. Does anybody have an
example?

Any help would be great.

Kind regards,
Andre

Re: Accessing Cassandra with Flink intepreter within notebook

Posted by Jens Grassel <je...@wegtam.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:12:11 +0100
André Schütz <an...@wegtam.com> wrote:

AS> When using the following import, we get an error:
AS>
AS> import org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.cassandra._
AS>
AS> error: object connectors is not a member of package
AS> org.apache.flink.streaming import
AS> org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.cassandra._

regarding the needed jars we found out that these have to be placed
in the `lib/interpreter` folder within the zepplin folder.

It would be good to have that in the documentation somewhere.

Regards,

Jens

--
CTO, Wegtam GmbH, 17. Nebelung 2017, 13:58
Homepage : https://www.wegtam.com

I am ready to meet my Maker.  Whether my Maker is prepared
for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
		-- Winston Churchill