Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Middlebrook, Barry" <Ba...@Level3.com> on 2009/07/24 01:16:52 UTC

No suitable driver

Hello,

I'm new to JMeter and I was going through the "Building a DB Test Plan section". I can't seem to get past the "No suitable driver" problem.  I have...

O copied the driver jars into JMETER_HOME/lib
O verified that the driver classes are located in those jars
O reduced the user/threads to 1
O reduced the max conns to 1

Here are the connection parms:
JDBC Driver Class: weblogic.jdbcx.Oracle.OracleDataSource

Based on an earlier unresolved post (sebb, circa Jan '09) in this forum, I learned that this occurs because either the connection URL is incorrect or there are network blockages. However, these settings work fine in a weblogic 9.2 server domain. I can successfully test the weblogic server's connection pool with same SQL I have listed in the "Validation Query" field. I can also do a simple ping to the db IP from a DOS window.

Am I missing something?

Any idea how to resolve this problem or suggestions for diagnosing further?

Thanks in advance.

bjm

Re: No suitable driver

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi
a. Which jars have you copied?
b. can you try with a different driver ? e.g. use the standard oracle
ojdbc14.jar and oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver and see if that works
c. Was there any other value in the jmeter logs?
When i had tried to use the weblogic driver classes I had run into license
problems...
regards
deepak

RE: No suitable driver

Posted by "Middlebrook, Barry" <Ba...@Level3.com>.
Well, I'll be dipped. That didn't occur to me. That worked, Jack. Thank you!

There's another little nuance I discovered here. This URL works:

jdbc:oracle:thin@nn.n.nnn.nnn:1521:mySID
   Note:        ^                 ^

This URL does NOT work:
jdbc:oracle:thin//nn.n.nnn.nnn:1521/mySID
   Note:        ^                 ^

The latter gave me this exception: jmeter.protocol.jdbc.config.DataSourceElement: Could not return Connection java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

To summarize, these 2 setting works:

Driver: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
NOTE: I also had to copy ojdbc14.jar to JMETER_HOME/lib

Thanks again, Jack.

Barry

Just a stab in the dark: is it also a problem if you use the non-XA
driver?

[...]

THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH, ARE INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE INDICATED IN THIS MESSAGE (OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF THIS MESSAGE TO SUCH PERSON) YOU MAY NOT REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE OR ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH.  IF YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND ALL COPIES OF IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM.

RE: No suitable driver

Posted by "Donohue, Jack" <Ja...@fadv.com>.