Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Challa, Ramya" <Ra...@syntelinc.com> on 2009/04/11 11:58:32 UTC

request for information

Hi,

Does Subversion open source tool support configuration management of
Mainframes COBOL code ..??

If it does not support can you suggest me some other open source tool
that supports configuration management of Mainframes COBOL.

Please let me know this information as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance..!!

Regards,

Ramya Challa

Syntel LTD

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Syntel, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.

Re: request for information

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 11, 2009, at 06:58, Challa, Ramya wrote:

> Does Subversion open source tool support configuration management
> of Mainframes COBOL code ..??
> If it does not support can you suggest me some other open source
> tool that supports configuration management of Mainframes COBOL.

Is the question "Can Subversion be installed on our mainframe?" If
so, what mainframe do you have, and what OS does it run? Subversion
can run on many different operating systems. Binaries are available
for the operating systems listed here:

http://subversion.tigris.org/getting.html#binary-packages

For other systems, you may be able to build from source.

Re: request for information

Posted by Nathan Nobbe <qu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Challa, Ramya
<Ra...@syntelinc.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> Does Subversion open source tool support configuration management of
> Mainframes COBOL code ..??
>
> If it does not support can you suggest me some other open source tool that
> supports configuration management of Mainframes COBOL.

umm, that depends on what you mean by configuration management of mainframes
cobol..  if by that you mean version control of cobol code, then *any* vcs
tool will 'support' configuration management of mainframes cobol.

-nathan