Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by nhhockeyplayer nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/09 06:15:09 UTC

T5.4 and JQuery Dev Tools/Plugins/IDE best tools available now

Hi Folks,

I am seeing a surge of demand for JQuery, node.js, bootstrap, backbone, yadda yadda yadda

I am not sure this twisted cryptic object oriented way of managing dom objects is sufficient to throw away the whole server side.

>From ambitious developers that are coming from PHP dot.net or graphic arts... who are leading the way into javascript code bases that are pure 100% javascript...

leads me to believe... as a veteran java developer...

that the javascript will go thru the clouds and will be a huge pile of barely readable javascript and I am not sure if it will pass the manageability test.

What is worrisome is that they are coming out with MVC model binding stuff too.

I would like to take T5.4 into the javascript jquery tough test.

can anyone suggest eclipse plugins, editors, maven components that will enable me to out perform these 100% pure javascript zealouts ?

I believe I can get better modeling out of the whole stack instead of pushing everything into the script tag.

I dont know how far they think they will go without annotations.

Anyway, your help is appreciated. Is it not time for the java guys to start sticking together ?
I havent aquit/// yet
Best regards
and thanks... KEN