Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk> on 2009/03/25 12:08:17 UTC

Issues with ServiceOverride and Contributions

Hi,
I am trying to override
the org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl service
as per
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/tapestry-ioc/cookbook/override.html.
However have hit what appears to be major road block.

My replacement service can implement the interface and is used - however I
don't seem to be able to get access to the contributions to the service I am
overriding . In this case that is pretty fatal as it loses all the library
mappings from the various modules in tapestry. This prevents pretty much
anything working.

To try and 'fix this' I have thought of

   - Getting the original service and then getting the data from it - this
   doesn't work as the data is all private.
   - Getting the configuration direct from the registry - but I can't find
   any way of accessing another services configuration
   - Using method advice to grab the constructor variable  - however I
   couldn't get this to work.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk