Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Fasil Mohammed <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/29 19:05:10 UTC

Reg. Broadcast ID and Stream ID

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a video stream playing in a particular room
In the client method
newStream I get access to the users broadcastID and streamid

Can someone please help me with creating the NetStream object to play that
stream? I know the room id, broadcastId, publicSID and streamid.

 I tried this
_stream = new NetStream(RoomService.getInstance().Connection);
//NetConnecton object which is connected to the room url

_stream.client={onMetaData:function(obj:Object):void{
 ObjectUtil.toString(obj);
} };
_stream.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS,
netSubscribeStatus_handler);
 _stream.play(user.broadcastID); // I tried here both streamid, broadcastid

Thanks and regards.

Fasil.ak

Re: Reg. Broadcast ID and Stream ID

Posted by Fasil Mohammed <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.
Yes it worked.

Actually I tried to  subscribe the stream in client
method sendVarsToMessageWithClient. That was the reason for that issue.
Instead of that when the same subscription was done in newStream it started
working.

Now I am facing an issue with broadcasting my stream to other users in the
room.
--> I retrieved a broadcastId using getBroadcastID.
--> Fired _roomServerConnection.call.apply(this, ["setUserAVSettings",
_responder, "av", ["avsettings", 0, "av"], 242, 282, _roomId,
loggedInUser.publicSID, -1]);
?? then what

Thanks and regards,

Fasil.ak\

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:58 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:

> broadcastID is the streamname.
> You need to connect to the correct RTMP url of the room to connect to the
> stream.
> The pattern is: rtmp://host:port/openmeetings/$ROOM_ID
> For example if the conference is in room_id is 2 on localhost with default
> port then:
> rtmp://localhost:1935/openmeetings/2
>  ... NetStream.play(user.broadCastID);
>
> If that does not work I guess the error is somewhere else in your
> ActionScript code.
>
> Sebastian
>

> 2013/3/30 Fasil Mohammed <fa...@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to connect to a video stream playing in a particular room
> > In the client method
> > newStream I get access to the users broadcastID and streamid
> >
> > Can someone please help me with creating the NetStream object to play
> that
> > stream? I know the room id, broadcastId, publicSID and streamid.
> >

> >  I tried this
> > _stream = new NetStream(RoomService.getInstance().Connection);
> > //NetConnecton object which is connected to the room url
> >
> > _stream.client={onMetaData:function(obj:Object):void{
> >  ObjectUtil.toString(obj);
> > } };
> > _stream.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS,
> > netSubscribeStatus_handler);
> >  _stream.play(user.broadcastID); // I tried here both streamid,
> broadcastid
> >

> > Thanks and regards.
> >
> > Fasil.ak
> >

> --