Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2017/04/10 17:30:41 UTC

Keynote suggestions for ApacheCon

A number of our proposed keynotes for ApacheCon have fallen through. I
wonder if anyone here has a suggestion for a speaker - preferably
someone that you actually have contact information for - who would be an
inspiring, entertaining spokesperson for something relevant to the
Apache community.

Thanks.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: Keynote suggestions for ApacheCon

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>> A number of our proposed keynotes for ApacheCon have fallen through. I
>> wonder if anyone here has a suggestion for a speaker - preferably
>> someone that you actually have contact information for - who would be an
>> inspiring, entertaining spokesperson for something relevant to the
>> Apache community.
>
> One option that David (with his LF hat on) and I are working on is promoting
> this https://apachecon2017.sched.com/event/9zp9/panel-discussion-how-to-succeed-in-iot-20-abhi-arunachalam-battery-ventures-sudip-chakrabarti-lightspeed-venture-partners-james-pace-runtime-roman-shaposhnik-pivotal
> to the keynote slot.
>
> Honestly, given the caliber of speakers and especially if we can also
> have Zaheda Bhorat join us -- it would be a shame to constrain this
> to a regular slot.

My impression right now is that this is already a confirmed thing, and
we're looking for *another* one.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> A number of our proposed keynotes for ApacheCon have fallen through. I
> wonder if anyone here has a suggestion for a speaker - preferably
> someone that you actually have contact information for - who would be an
> inspiring, entertaining spokesperson for something relevant to the
> Apache community.

One option that David (with his LF hat on) and I are working on is promoting
this https://apachecon2017.sched.com/event/9zp9/panel-discussion-how-to-succeed-in-iot-20-abhi-arunachalam-battery-ventures-sudip-chakrabarti-lightspeed-venture-partners-james-pace-runtime-roman-shaposhnik-pivotal
to the keynote slot.

Honestly, given the caliber of speakers and especially if we can also
have Zaheda Bhorat join us -- it would be a shame to constrain this
to a regular slot.

Thanks,
Roman.