Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Ludwig <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/27 23:25:17 UTC

how to trigger onValueChanged from AutoComplete mixin?

I've got a custom textfield that uses the autocomplete mixin. Everything is
working great except that when the user clicks on an item in the matchlist,
the onValueChanged event is not triggered.

I'm it's possible, but I'm in over my head. As far as I can tell, I would
need to trigger an event based on a clicked or mouseup event from the
matchlist. The problem is, the matchlist is generated dynamically, so I
don't know how to dynamically attach a callback to something that is itself
dynamically generated.

Any ideas??

Re: how to trigger onValueChanged from AutoComplete mixin?

Posted by George Ludwig <ge...@gmail.com>.
Dusko, thanks for the response. I'm actually using the jQuery autocomplete,
so controls.js is irrelevant. It looks like it happens in
jquery.ui.autocomplete.js around line 273.

What I don't get is, why does the onValueChanged event NOT get triggered
when the value is changed via a mouse click on the autocomplete list? It
seems like a bug to me...

Posted by Dusko Jovanovski <du...@gmail.com>.