Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alexandr Kundirenko <ak...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/07 17:04:53 UTC

How to refresh form when select.onChange() happened?

Hello All,

I have some items in PropertySelection.
How can I call form's "refresh" listener when selection changed?
(To reload other select boxes)
I don't see any way except subclassing PropertySelection and adding
such possibility. Did I miss smth?

Thank you,
  Alex

Re: How to refresh form when select.onChange() happened?

Posted by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com>.
I ran into this problem last week, because I wanted a specific listener
to be called when the onchange event is triggered on the
PropertySelection. I solved this with a hack, by making a component that
contains the PropertySelection and a hidden Submit, that is clicked by
javascript connected to the onchange handler. This way, the listener
connected to the submit is called.

Does anyone have a cleaner and smarter way of doing this? I don't think
the submitOnChange is good enough, because you can only trigger the form
listener, not a dedicated listener.

Inge

Posted by "Jone.hwk" <jo...@yahoo.com.cn>.
"submitOnChange" is deprecated in tapestry 4 now!?

Jone.hwk

Re: How to refresh form when select.onChange() happened?

Posted by Darío Vasconcelos <da...@gmail.com>.
PropertySelection has a "submitOnChange" property, have you tried that already?

On 9/7/05, Alexandr Kundirenko <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have some items in PropertySelection.
> How can I call form's "refresh" listener when selection changed?
> (To reload other select boxes)
> I don't see any way except subclassing PropertySelection and adding
> such possibility. Did I miss smth?
>
> Thank you,
>   Alex

I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.
    Jackie Mason

Re: Problem with Tapestry 3.0.3 and tacos-tree

Posted by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com>.
Ok

Using checkboxes works just fine, and the tree structure seems to work
now. But the lack of control when rendering the tree is unfortunately a
very big problem for me, so I guess I'll have to do this using other
techniques than the tacos or tapestry tree components.

My main problem is that I don't have the luxury of telling the designers
that they have to change the page layout to adjust to my implementation
needs. I have to adjust to the page design.

My current page design is like this:

for each tree node {
  Start a table tag
    Draw checkbox in first table data
    Draw collapse/expand icon in second table data
    Draw node name with some link in third table data
  End table tag
}

The icon and the node name could be placed in one single table data too.

I looked a little bit at the tacos source code, trying to figure out a
way to add this kind of flexibility in presenting the tree, but I only
met a lot of walls due to the nested complexity :) The code is very
elegant and surprisingly simple looking, by the way!

Inge

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com>.

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> [...]
>>     *
>>org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>>     *
>>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
>>     *
>>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
>>     *
>>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>>     *
>>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>>     *
>>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>>     * java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Re: Problem with Tapestry 3.0.3 and tacos-tree

Posted by in...@ingenett.com.
Forgot: I'm using tacos-lib-20050421.jar, because I thought this was the last
jar to support T3 (the other tacos jars are named tacos4)

I have not provided the keyProvider, state and sorter bindings, because the
documentation says that these are optional and the defaults are good enough for
me I think.

I have provided the bindings contentProvider and value, which I think should be
correct and non-null all the time.

Maybe my next step should be to include bindings for keyProvider and state,
maybe that helps.

Thanks for the feedback!

Inge

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.