Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2008/03/02 10:26:49 UTC

[build] Re: general: error in build: missing release.properties

Tony Wu wrote:
> The build failed on the svn command rather than the missing properites
> file.

I agree.

> I think it fails to pick up the revision because the output
> messages were localized.

Right, but we are (should be?) tolerant of the svn info command failing.
  The failure appears to be on the svn switch command, see:

 > switch-svn-vm:
 >      [exec] Current OS is Windows XP
 >      [exec] Executing 'svn' with arguments:
 >      [exec] '-r'
 >      [exec] 'switch'
 >      [exec]
 > 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk'
 >      [exec]
 >      [exec] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
 >      [exec] not part of the command.
 >      [exec] svn: Erreur de syntaxe à l'argument de révision 'switch'

Syntax error on switch command.

Are we trying to pass in the parsed revision number?

Regards,
Tim

Re: [build] Re: general: error in build: missing release.properties

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
To answer my own question, i see we are looking for the English name :-(

 From top-level build.xml...

   <target name="svn-prop">
       <exec executable="svn"
             dir="."
             failifexecutionfails="false"
             resultproperty="svn.rc">
           <arg value="info" />
           <arg value="build.xml" />
           <redirector outputproperty="svn.revision.tmp">
               <outputfilterchain>
                   <linecontains>
                   </linecontains>
                   <tokenfilter>
                       <replacestring from="Revision: " to=""/>
                   </tokenfilter>
               </outputfilterchain>
           </redirector>
       </exec>

That's a bug.

Try running with "ant -Dsvn.rc=632721 -Dauto.fetch=true"

(I took that revision number from your original mail)

Once we have that work-around confirmed we can work on a fix for you.

Regards,
Tim