Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "WA.TWORSX via AOL" <wa...@verizon.net.INVALID> on 2019/05/12 14:29:00 UTC

Chart/Graphing Questions

AOO415m1(Build:9789) -  Rev. 1817496

I think there is a way to accomplish my wish; I might have done it once
before, but a long time ago.  I did not find any solutions in the Calc
Guide Chap 3 documentation.

I have created an XY (Scatter) - Lines Only graph based on data
contained in $G$6:$G$41. The existing graph has a Y-axis that shows 0 to
700 (increments of 100) and an X-axis that shows 0 to 40 (increments of
5).  My questions concern the Y-axis:

 1. I want the Y-axis display to start at 300 (350 would be even better)
    and end at 700 (650 would be even better).
 2. It would also be GREAT if the Y-axis is scaled in increments of say
    5, or 10, between 350 (start/minimum) and 650 (end/maximum).

If any of this is indeed possible, what must I do ?

My other questions are about editing/revising/correcting the labels
assigned to a existing graph:

 1. For example, if I made a typo in the Title of a graph, what must I
    do to correct the error, w/o creating the graph from scratch?
 2. Or, if a Legend is included, how can it be removed?
 3. Or, can I add a Subtitle to an existing graph?

TNX, and Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.

VinceB.

Re: Chart/Graphing Questions

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 10:29 12/05/2019 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>I think there is a way to accomplish my wish; I
>might have done it once before, but a long time
>ago. I did not find any solutions in the Calc Guide Chap 3 documentation.
>
>I have created an XY (Scatter) - Lines Only
>graph based on data contained in $G$6:$G$41. The
>existing graph has a Y-axis that shows 0 to 700
>(increments of 100) and an X-axis that shows 0
>to 40 (increments of 5).  My questions concern the Y-axis:
>
>1. I want the Y-axis display to start at 300
>(350 would be even better) and end at 700 (650 would be even better).
>2. It would also be GREAT if the Y-axis is
>scaled in increments of say 5, or 10, between
>350 (start/minimum) and 650 (end/maximum).
>
>If any of this is indeed possible, what must I do ?

o First select the chart. To do this you need to
double-click it, so you see a thin grey border,
not the eight green handles and the anchor symbol
that you get from a single click.
o Now double-click the y-axis itself or its scale
labels. Alternatively, you can right-click the
axis and select Format Axis... or go to Format | Axis >| y-Axis... .
o On the Scale tab, remove ticks from relevant
Automatic boxes, and set Minimum to 350, Maximum
to 650, and Major interval to 10.

>My other questions are about
>editing/revising/correcting the labels assigned to a existing graph:
>
>1. For example, if I made a typo in the Title of
>a graph, what must I do to correct the error,
>w/o creating the graph from scratch?
>3. Or, can I add a Subtitle to an existing graph?

o Select the chart as above.
o Right-click the chart area and select Insert Titles... .
o Add, modify, or remove Title or Subtitle.

>2. Or, if a Legend is included, how can it be removed?

o Select the chart as above.
o Right-click the chart area and select Delete Legend.

>... and Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.

Sorry, but you are six weeks too late!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker