Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <of...@weberhofer.at> on 2008/03/28 11:56:48 UTC

Geronimio Plugin and Eclipse 3.3 / WTP 3.0

Since a few month we are testing the upcoming Eclipe version 3.3 with the latest Version of the Geronimo Plugin. For our needs (we still develop for Geronimo 1.1) it works great and without any issues. The only thing is, that the Eclipse upgrade/installation functionallity is broken, because of broken dependencies:

The current configuration contains errors and this operation can have unpredictable results.
  Geronimo v1.1.x Server Adapter (2.1.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.jst (2.0.0)", or compatible.
  Geronimo v2.0 Server Adapter (2.1.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.jst (2.0.0)", or compatible.
  Geronimo v2.1 Server Adapter (2.1.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.jst (2.0.0)", or compatible.
  Geronimo Core Feature (2.1.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.jst (2.0.0)", or compatible.

It would be nice if this issue could be solved for the new version!

Best regards,
Johannes Weberhofer

--

|---------------------------------

|----------------------------------------------------------->>

Re: Geronimio Plugin and Eclipse 3.3 / WTP 3.0

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Johannes, thanks for the information. I have opened the following JIRA to
track your problem and we shall address as soon as possible. Thanks much.

-----> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-321

Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH wrote:
> Since a few month we are testing the upcoming Eclipe version 3.3 with
> the latest Version of the Geronimo Plugin. For our needs (we still
> develop for Geronimo 1.1) it works great and without any issues. The
> only thing is, that the Eclipse upgrade/installation functionallity is
> broken, because of broken dependencies:
>
> The current configuration contains errors and this operation can have
> unpredictable results.
>  Geronimo v1.1.x Server Adapter (2.1.0) requires feature
> "org.eclipse.jst (2.0.0)", or compatible.
>  Geronimo v2.0 Server Adapter (2.1.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.jst
> (2.0.0)", or compatible.
>  Geronimo v2.1 Server Adapter (2.1.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.jst
> (2.0.0)", or compatible.
>  Geronimo Core Feature (2.1.0) requires feature "org.eclipse.jst
> (2.0.0)", or compatible.
>
> It would be nice if this issue could be solved for the new version!
>
> Best regards,
> Johannes Weberhofer

Tim McConnell