Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by GH <Ga...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/20 18:18:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Need assitance with configuring apache2 to allow access to website files

Hi,

I am new to apache and need some help.

I have apache2 on linux  which installed apache for me during the
linux installation. I am trying to configure it so that my other
computers on my network can access the files from the server.  (exact
version of the server is: This site is powered by:
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.48 (Mandrake Linux/6mdk)
mod_perl/1.99_11 Perl/v5.8.3 mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.7c PHP/4.3.4!)

I would  like to do the following:

#1: Allow users on another computer on the network to use a name
instead of the ip address to access the server ... i.e on the windows
based test server we can use http://cloak-dagger/ to access my website
files from within my network

#2: Allow it so that I can change "default files" for each site (sub directory

Can anyone please help me with this?

Also, if anyone knows of a _good _ tutorial for Apache2 could you
plesae let me know.

Note: if I

Re: [users@httpd] Need assitance with configuring apache2 to allow access to website files

Posted by GH <Ga...@gmail.com>.
Re: the my computer... ok

I think that I miht have anohter issue however, I am just double
checking to make sure that I am not just making typos

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.

Posted by GH <Ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.