Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2006/07/25 19:28:39 UTC

traveling user unable to email

Hi all I have a user that is now in Africa and she is unable to send to any
external user using outlook , and when attempting to use Eudora she gets a
"your message scored 6.7 points"

I have whitelisted her in my local.cf  but Eudora stills gives her the
message congratulations blah blah blah

This is what I'm not following

	1.9 FORGED_MUA_EUDORA      Forged mail pretending to be from Eudora
	1.7 INVALID_MSGID          Message-Id is not valid, according to RFC
2822

And here are the headers

  Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:16:49 -040

I see why my whitelisting doesn't work as I have whitelisted her email
address
ebrazier@fcimail.org
ebrazier@familycareintl.org

now in case you are wondering ekb is her  windows login on the laptop,  but
the eudora and outlook are set to ebrazier

So Forged MUA appeaers to be due to the fact that something is registering
her as ekb not ebrazier  but what is the invalidity in the MSGID?

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator
Information Technology
Family Care International
588 Broadway Suite 503
New York, NY 10012
Phone:212-941-5300 xt 36
Fax:  212-941-5563
Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Re: traveling user unable to email

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi all I have a user that is now in Africa and she is unable to send to any
> external user using outlook , and when attempting to use Eudora she gets a
> "your message scored 6.7 points"
>
> I have whitelisted her in my local.cf  but Eudora stills gives her the
> message congratulations blah blah blah
>
> This is what I'm not following
>
> 	1.9 FORGED_MUA_EUDORA      Forged mail pretending to be from Eudora
> 	1.7 INVALID_MSGID          Message-Id is not valid, according to RFC
> 2822
>
> And here are the headers

>   Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:16:49 -040

It is probably that space at the end of the message id (between the 4 and >).  That really should be
there.  Is Eudora really putting a space in the message id or is something munging it along the way?

> I see why my whitelisting doesn't work as I have whitelisted her email
> address
> ebrazier@fcimail.org
> ebrazier@familycareintl.org
>
> now in case you are wondering ekb is her  windows login on the laptop,  but
> the eudora and outlook are set to ebrazier

I doubt that the whitelisting has anything to do with the X-Sender.