Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com> on 2011/02/01 02:14:29 UTC

Please read if you plan to use Hive 0.7.0 on Hadoop 0.20.0

Hi,

I'm trying to get an idea of how many people plan on running Hive
0.7.0 on top of Hadoop 0.20.0 (as opposed to 0.20.1 or 0.20.2),
and are in a position where they can't upgrade to one of more
recent releases of the 0.20.x branch. I'm asking because there is
a ticket open (HIVE-1817) that blocks the 0.7.0 release, and the
simplest, lowest-risk fix for this ticket is to remove support
for Hadoop 0.20.0. If we go with this solution it means that in
order to use Hive 0.7.0 you will have to use Hadoop 0.20.1 or
0.20.2. The only advantage of the more complicated solution is
that we will be able to retain support for Hadoop 0.20.0, but
most likely at the expense of delaying the release and possibly
introducing new bugs.

Thanks.

Carl

RE: Please read if you plan to use Hive 0.7.0 on Hadoop 0.20.0

Posted by "Severance, Steve" <ss...@ebay.com>.
We are not using 0.20 at eBay so we are fine with this.

Steve

Posted by Ajo Fod <aj...@gmail.com>.