Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> on 2007/01/03 21:07:01 UTC

tcnative 1.1.8 -- offically released as stable?

Has tcnative 1.1.8 been officially released, i.e. as stable?

It seemed like it was going to be from various votes, etc -- but I never
saw any form of announcement.

Given the serious issues in a number of the previous tcnative releases,
we've had to disable tcnative.  We'd like to retry with a new tcnative
-- once one is officially released as stable, that is.  [We don't have
time to chase all the latest dev builds at this point or such,
unfortunately.]

--
Jess Holle

Re: tcnative 1.1.8 -- offically released as stable?

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> Since there is no vote on tcnative, is it always safe to say that the
> latest native source available in
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/ is as
> close to "official" or "stable" as it's going to get?
> Will tcnative 1.1.8 work with Tomcat 5.5.20?

Sure it will.
Also, any tcnative version (1.1.x) is API
compatible so it'll work with previous Tomcat
versions.

Regards,
Mladen.

RE: tcnative 1.1.8 -- offically released as stable?

Posted by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com>.
Since there is no vote on tcnative, is it always safe to say that the
latest native source available in
http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/ is as
close to "official" or "stable" as it's going to get?
Will tcnative 1.1.8 work with Tomcat 5.5.20?
Thanks.
,
Josh.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.