Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/12/07 06:41:53 UTC

code/docs style guide

Perrin Harkins wrote:
 > By the way, Stas, do you have a style guide or perltidy recipe that you
 > are following?  I normally just run perltidy -ce, but I'd be happy to
 > use something else if it will save other people time in the future.

Code:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/core/coding_style.html

Docs:
http://perl.apache.org/contribute/docs/style.html

the code guide probably needs some work, e.g. missing a note on avoid
using excessive () and where they aren't needed. nothing is really cast in
stone, just trying to use a consistent style in the code and docs.

After reading those URLs if you have some specific questions, please ask.
But in any case I don't mind fixing style while reading through the code/pod.