Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Reiner Pöschko <r....@sotec.eu> on 2020/06/17 10:22:19 UTC

S7 DATA_BLOCKS and FLAGS_MARKERS error

Hey Everyone,
We are currently doing further tests regarding the Siemens S7 connector
(S7_1200) using the scrapper, and have come into an issue.

We testing different data types in DB (DATA_BLOCKS) memory area, most of
them are doing fine, but adding one of the following data types create an
error:
- LREAL
- CHAR
- TIME
- DATE
- TIME_OF_DAY
- DATE_AND_TIME

As soon as we add an item of this types there is a Connection-Alias error:
[image: image.png]

We also have to read values from the S7 "MERKER" memory area.
For that we use the plc4x Memory Areas *FLAGS_MARKERS *Code *M, *but
independently
from the used data type we also get the same error message.

We are using a 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT version, I have also tested with 0.7.0.

Is there something that still needs to be done? Any suggestions or comments
would be appreciated.

Best regards

Reiner Sommer

*Reiner Sommer| SOTEC | *r.sommer@sotec.eu <r....@sotec.eu> | T +49
7033 5458-15 | F +49 7033 5458-95

--

www.sotec.eu <http://www.sotec.eu/>

SOTEC Software Entwicklungs GmbH
+ Co Mikrocomputertechnik KG

Calwer Straße 11, D-75395 Ostelsheim

Sitz
Ostelsheim, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 330821/HRB 330664, Geschäftsführer:
Florian Holz

Re: S7 DATA_BLOCKS and FLAGS_MARKERS error

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Und unfortunately you can't post images in these lists.
So could you please post the log output as text?

Chris

Am 17.06.20, 13:35 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Rainer,

    first off all, the 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT version is older than the 0.7.0 … the newest would be 0..8.0-SNAPSHOT … so just as some side information.

    I can confirm, that not all types are fully supported. Mainly this is due to the fact, that not all of these types are supported on my S7-1200, which I used for reverse-engineering most of the S7 protocol.

    Having a check the following types might be problematic:

      *   LWORD
      *   LINT
      *   ULINT
      *   REAL
      *   LREAL
      *   WSTRING
      *   LTIME

    Also are there code collisions for:

      *   CHAR and STRING
      *   DATE, TIME_OF_DAY and DATE_AND_TIME

    We could highly appreciate some communication pcap captures of communication accessing these type of addresses to fill out some of the white sports.

    Chris

    Von: Reiner Pöschko <r....@sotec.eu>
    Antworten an: "dev@plc4x.apache.org" <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
    Datum: Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020 um 12:35
    An: "dev@plc4x.apache.org" <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
    Betreff: S7 DATA_BLOCKS and FLAGS_MARKERS error

    Hey Everyone,
    We are currently doing further tests regarding the Siemens S7 connector (S7_1200) using the scrapper, and have come into an issue.

    We testing different data types in DB (DATA_BLOCKS) memory area, most of them are doing fine, but adding one of the following data types create an error:
    - LREAL
    - CHAR
    - TIME
    - DATE
    - TIME_OF_DAY
    - DATE_AND_TIME

    As soon as we add an item of this types there is a Connection-Alias error:
    [cid:ii_karwzil70]

    Reiner Sommer| SOTEC | r.sommer@sotec.eu<ma...@sotec.eu> | T +49 7033 5458-15 | F +49 7033 5458-95