Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/25 10:53:39 UTC

Publishing the 1.0 release artifacts

There was a 1.0 release back in January but it doesn't look like the
release artifacts were ever published in the distribution area or
maven repository. I know there has since been a suggestion to do a new
1.0 to pick up all the latest trunk fixes but as thats taking some
time how about just publishing the January artifacts now and having
all the latest trunk code go out in a new release? WDYT?

   ...ant

Re: Publishing the 1.0 release artifacts

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:45 PM, David Calavera
<da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know who was the last committer that modified the trunk code, but
> actually it doesn't compile even and I'm not sure if that code is too much
> stable.
>
> Luciano, seems you have much experience than us in legal stuff, any patch to
> solve those issues is very appreciated.
>
> Finally, I just want to remember that voting processes should go on 72
> hours, messages after that can be gracefully ignored.
>
> Cheers

I can try to send a patch over the weekend, as I'm at ApacheCon and
still have to present today...

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Publishing the 1.0 release artifacts

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All what I was trying to do was to give my advice on the legal side of
> the release being voted. As you said, I'm no binding, and I don't want
> to interfere with what the Abdera PMC thing it's the right thing to
> do. Please have fun....

Don't be like that. If we didn't publish these artifacts would you
actually help make new ones? By that I mean help fix trunk so it
builds again which is what needs to happen before any legal updates
could be done as we need to see what the distribution looks like.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
Thanks for replying. I did find the old vote threads, the license
issue was a question on the copyrights in the NOTICE file, I've had a
look and I don't think there's any issue - not all copyrights need to
be included its only required third-party notices that are necessary,
and they seem ok. So it should be fine to publish those artifacts.
I'll wait for a while to see if anyone else comments.

   ...ant

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
It's done. Thank you Ant!

--
David Calavera
http://www.thinkincode.net

Re: Publishing the 1.0 release artifacts

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.