Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Damien Martin-Guillerez <da...@iqspot.fr> on 2013/11/07 15:36:08 UTC

How to specify target id and discovery URL in ACE v1.0.0

Hello all,

I'm just starting with Apache ACE. I discover it yesterday and it seems really the good tools for me.

I downloaded the binary distribution of Apache ACE 1.0.0 yesterday and tried to run the target.jar with the identification specified in command line but it doesn't seems to apply:
$ java -jar target.jar identification=test discovery=http://test:8080
____________________________
Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo

g! Started management agent.
  Target ID    : defaultTargetID
  Server       : http://localhost:8080
  Sync interval: 2000 ms
  Unaffected bundles will not be stopped during deployment.

Using the archive, I downloaded the org.apache.ace.launcher and run it the same way, it worked. Looking at the source code, it seems that the v1.0.0 package use something called aQute.launcher and there is probably a new way to specify those parameters but I can seem to find it in the documentation.

So the question is simple: How can I specify the id and discovery with the v1.0.0 target jar ?

Regards,
 -- Damien Martin-Guillerez

Re: How to specify target id and discovery URL in ACE v1.0.0

Posted by Damien Martin-Guillerez <da...@iqspot.fr>.
Perfect!

How comes I haven't thought of that! :)

Thank you!