Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Edson Tavares de Camargo <ca...@stela.org.br> on 2008/06/05 20:49:38 UTC

encrypt the usernameToken?

Hi All

Is it possible to encrypt only the UsernameToken (or the security
header)? I have looked for samples, but I haven't found them.I am using
the rampart 1.2 module.

It is a requirement of my system to use UsernameToken with plain text
password. So, I want to encrypt the security header. Otherwise, I would
have to use https and this is not a option.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Edson

--
Edson Tavares de Camargo - Instituto Stela
Florianópolis - SC - Brasil

Re: encrypt the usernameToken?

Posted by Edson Tavares de Camargo <ca...@stela.org.br>.
Nandana,

I downloaded the Rampart 1.4 and now I have anothers questions:

I have read the rampart 1.4 documentation and I couldn't find a encrypt
usernameToken sample. But, if I am not wrong, will I have to write the
security policy to encrypt the usernameToken, right? There are  the
option of using basic rampart configuration instead of WS-SecurityPolicy?

Thanks again!

ps: I am using  axis2 v1.2. There is the possibility of using axis1.2
with rampart 1.4?
Edson

Posted by Edson Tavares de Camargo <ca...@stela.org.br>.
Hi Nandana,