Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Allen, Ronald L." <al...@ornl.gov> on 2014/01/07 17:16:11 UTC

Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs

Hello,

I am trying to run the WordCount example using Hadoop 2.2.0 on a single node.  I tried to follow the directions from http://nextgenhadoop.blogspot.in/2013/10/steps-to-install-hadoop-220-stable.html.  However, when I type in the command bin/hadoop hdfs -copyFromLocal input /input, I get Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs.  I am very new to this and have no idea what is going on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ronnie

RE: Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs

Posted by "Allen, Ronald L." <al...@ornl.gov>.
Thank you Hardik!  That seems to have worked!

Have a good day,
Ronnie
Posted by "Allen, Ronald L." <al...@ornl.gov>.

Posted by "Allen, Ronald L." <al...@ornl.gov>.