Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashruf Hussain <as...@virtusa.com> on 2002/12/16 03:43:53 UTC

Connection pooling with sql server

Hi all,

I am new user of tomcat 4.1, using jdbc driver from datadirect to connect to
sqlserver database.
I am able to get normal individual connections without pooling.
Now, I want to get connections from connection pool.
I tried with all my efforts (followed pooling documentation) to get
connection pooling done with sql server, but tomcat hangs up at start up.

Anybody who has done it all, pls help.

Thanks in advance,

Ashruf

---
Regards,
Mohammed Ashruf Hussain
Software Engineer.
Virtusa, Corp. (formerly erunway)
Work 040 23414200 ext(303)
www.virtusa.com

Re: Connection pooling with sql server

Posted by Peng Tuck Kwok <pe...@makmal.net>.
I've never managed to get tomcat to hang on a mis-configured db-pool,
just got it to throw exceptions. Post your server.xml and web.xml and
let the mailling list have a look. Your jsp or servlet if you are using
any would be helpful.