Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com> on 2022/08/16 09:05:05 UTC

[Discuss] Move Mpack development to Ambari

Hi community,

In my original idea, I was planning to provide Bigtop3.1.0 + Ambari2.7.5 for users at first, and keep all big changes in Ambari2.8.0, e.g.
1、Fix some security problems by upgrading Spring Framework and others
2、Frontend refactor
3、Upgrade python version
etc.

All these changes will take long time, which may be bad for the release cycle of Ambari itself.
So I'm considering we can move Mpack development to Ambari side, and 2.8.0 is all about Bigtop stack, move other big changes to next major version(except the security problem, which absolutely need to be fixed in next release).

But we need to make final decision for the things we discussed before, like,
1、Add prefix to installation path(/usr/bigtop)
2、Which repo to store the packages(with prefix in installation path)?
3、Related name(Stack name: BIGTOP, scripts: conf-select, distro-select, bigtop-select are all ok for me)?
Any other things I forgot?

What’s your opinion?

Best Regards,
Zhiguo Wu

Re: [Discuss] Move Mpack development to Ambari

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.
Hi Brahma,

The details are in here: https://lists.apache.org/thread/dz6nlnnsl7ln3wn6c6prrhqxlcdv3fyv <https://lists.apache.org/thread/dz6nlnnsl7ln3wn6c6prrhqxlcdv3fyv>

Best Regards,
Zhiguo Wu

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.
Hi Brahma,

Posted by "Battula, Brahma Reddy" <bb...@visa.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "Battula, Brahma Reddy" <bb...@visa.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.com>.

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.
Hi Brahma,

This contains the discussion about *-select file we raised before in Bigtop dev-ml, which is separated from the roadmap thread.
So I start this one.

But I’ll also send to that thread, thanks for your reminder.

Best Regards,
Zhiguo Wu

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.
Hi Brahma,