Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Lyndon J B Nixon <ni...@fokus.gmd.de> on 2002/11/07 14:13:05 UTC

Mapping Xindice addresses to URLs/Document paths?

hi all,

I'm wanting to integrate query results from Xindice with stylesheets for
presentation, however as the stylesheet input
is only optionally from a database query I do want to separate the
querying process from the transformation.

I want to present results in a form like 'The value X was found in the
document with title Y'
However I find that in the Xindice results I can only retrieve document
information in the form of the xindice
collection name and document key e.g. xmldb:xindice:///db/mydocs
src:key="doc23.xml"
If I want to use the XSLT (rather than the Java code doing the query) to
manipulate these results, I need to access
the document(s) from which the results are coming, but in the stylesheet
I then need a full URL or document path.

I thought in Java I could map the xindice address to an URL which is
included in the query result but it seems impossible within the
XMLDB:API or JAXP. There is any way to do this?

Lyndon

Re: Mapping Xindice addresses to URLs/Document paths?

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.
Lyndon,

I feel your problem statement was unclear.  It seems that what you want
to do is straight forward, how about giving us a sample with the input
and the output, maybe then I can be of more help.

Is this in xslt only?
How is the input obtained? Resource or ResourceSet, or command line???

-Kevin

Posted by Lyndon J B Nixon <ni...@fokus.gmd.de>.