Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark McKay <ma...@kitfox.com> on 2004/01/18 22:47:32 UTC

Attention Moderator

Hi,

I recently subscribed to this mailing list, and was wondering if it
would be possible to have the mailer prepend the string "[Ant]" to every
post sent out?  I subscribe to several mailing lists, and am finding it
difficult to keep the Ant posts sorted from the others.

Thanks.

Mark McKay

Sorting List Posts was:Re: Attention Moderator

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Mark McKay wrote:
> I recently subscribed to this mailing list, and was wondering if it
> would be possible to have the mailer prepend the string "[Ant]" to every
> post sent out?  I subscribe to several mailing lists, and am finding it
> difficult to keep the Ant posts sorted from the others.

All Apache lists have a bunch of headers which uniquely identify the
list, I use List-Post for filtering. Since you run Mozilla, you can
do the same; just use "Customize" to get this non-standard header
in the filter.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Attention Moderator

Posted by Mark McKay <ma...@kitfox.com>.
Conor MacNeill wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:47 am, Mark McKay wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I recently subscribed to this mailing list, and was wondering if it
>>would be possible to have the mailer prepend the string "[Ant]" to every
>>post sent out?  I subscribe to several mailing lists, and am finding it
>>difficult to keep the Ant posts sorted from the others.
>>

>No, it is the list policy not to modify subject strings. There are a number of
>ways of filtering messages from this list into separate folders, which should
>be supported by most mail clients. In particular you may use the List-Post or
>List-Id headers, which show the message coming from this mailing list.

>Conor

What's a list post header?  I've read through the mozilla docs (and
figured out how to put messages into a seperate folder), but not come
across a way to rewrite the subject.  Would you be able to tell me how
to enable this?

Mark McKay

Re: Attention Moderator

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.