Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/06 15:13:31 UTC

Unrepeatable (sort of) dependency issues with a war dependency

Using maven 3.0.3 (as well as 2.2.1).

 ------
 |     |
 b   c

Pom for a lists b and c as modules.

b is packaging=war.
c is packaging=jar.

c's dependencies include:

  <dependency>
   <artifactId>b</artifactId>
   <version>${project.version}</version>
   <type>war</type>
  </dependency>

C has an invocation of assembly:single.

The descriptor includes:

    <dependencySet>
      <outputFileNameMapping>${artifact.artifactId}.${artifact.extension}</outputFileNameMapping>
      <includes>
	<include>*:*:war:*</include>
      </includes>
      <outputDirectory>wars</outputDirectory>
      <unpack>false</unpack>
    </dependencySet>

On two machines, the build fails to resolve the war from the reactor,
and then fails to find it on Nexus (a good thing, too). On all the
other machines, all is swell.

message : Failed to execute goal on project jug-manage: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
com.basistech.jug:jug-manage:jar:0.9.100-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact com.basistech.jug:management-war:war:0.9.100-SNAPSHOT in
Nexus (http://maven.basistech.net/nexus/content/groups/public)
cause : Could not resolve dependencies for project
com.basistech.jug:jug-manage:jar:0.9.100-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact com.basistech.jug:management-war:war:0.9.100-SNAPSHOT in
Nexus (http://maven.basistech.net/nexus/content/groups/public)

Anybody got an idea?

On most of the dev machines here, this all works fine.

Re: Unrepeatable (sort of) dependency issues with a war dependency

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
This turned out to be a stupid error in the parent of a, which I had
fixed once and somehow got reverted. Sorry about the noise.