Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Alaa Salmo <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/01 14:09:31 UTC

Caused by: org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException: Drillbit is disallowed to bind to loopback address in distributed mode.

Hi,

I am installing Drill on my virtual machine (Centos). I am facing one
issue. I tried to google but I could not solve it

 bin/drillbit.sh start
 cat /usr/local/apache-drill-1.14.0/log/drillbit.out
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException: Failure during
initial startup of Drillbit.
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:428)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:394)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.main(Drillbit.java:390)
Caused by: org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException:
Drillbit is disallowed to bind to loopback address in distributed mode.
        at
org.apache.drill.exec.service.ServiceEngine.start(ServiceEngine.java:97)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.run(Drillbit.java:191)
        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:424)

- I tried to chnage the hostname but I still facing same issue
- I tried to change Java 8 JDK from OpenJDK to Oracle but I still facing
same issue

Please can you provide me the right answer?

Regards,
Alaa

Re: Caused by: org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException: Drillbit is disallowed to bind to loopback address in distributed mode.

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.
Try using port number 5181 instead of port 2181.

Regards,
Khurram

Posted by Herman Tan <he...@redcubesg.com>.

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.