Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michal Kwiatek <Mi...@cern.ch> on 2005/02/10 16:32:36 UTC

Problem: mozilla, https

Dear all,

I'm having a strange problem with mozilla firefox. Sometimes it cannot
understand the way tomcat sends https certificate and in consequence it
fails to over HTTPS. The answer (some) users get is: Couldn't establish
an eencrypted connection because certificate presented by
lxb0752.cern.ch is invalid or corrupted. error code -8182.

Have you got an idea why?

I'm using tomcat 5.0.28 and a self-signed certificate.

Thanks in advance,
Michal.

Re: Problem: mozilla, https

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:32:36 +0100, Michal Kwiatek
<Mi...@cern.ch> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm having a strange problem with mozilla firefox. Sometimes it cannot
> understand the way tomcat sends https certificate and in consequence it
> fails to over HTTPS. The answer (some) users get is: Couldn't establish
> an eencrypted connection because certificate presented by
> lxb0752.cern.ch is invalid or corrupted. error code -8182.

Looks like there are a few different reasons for that error, one is
the client side certificate db could be screwed:

http://banquo.inf.ethz.ch:8080/Mozilla_Error_-8182.html

Or you might have something weird going on with your self signed
certificate, like is it missing a Subject/CN = your domain name entry?
Are you trying to do anything like also create your own CA with
another certificate?

Jason Bainbridge
KDE - Conquer Your Desktop - http://kde.org
KDE Web Team - webmaster@kde